Enrollment Procedures FAQs

How do I enroll in Preppy K and Kindergarten?

Enrollment packets will be available February 1, 2016. Please bring your child’s birth certificate, immunizations, and residency verification to pick up an enrollment packet (see below). Completed packets may be turned in between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday – Friday, or at Kinder Roundup on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM. A child care representative will be available for questions.

NOTE: Students enrolling in Kindergarten must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2016.

NEW FOR 2016 – 2017: Please visit the PYLUSD Enrollment website to register using our online enrollment process. It should take about 3o minutes to complete an enrollment.

NOTE: Your registration is not complete until you print your confirmation and bring it to Brookhaven along with your child’s birth certificate, immunizations, and proof of residence.

For more information regarding our Preppy K program please visit the PYLUSD Preppy K website.

When is Choice Transfer?

The district has a policy (Choice Transfer) that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their resident school. The first application period for a Choice Transfer will be January 11, 2016 – January 29, 2016 at the district. The final application period will be May 2, 2016 – May 13, 2016. For information please call the district CWA office at 714 985-8670 or visit the PYLUSD website.

NOTE: Siblings of students currently on a Choice Transfer to Brookhaven are not automatically approved. They must apply for a transfer. Once a student is granted a transfer it is good through 8th grade. Choice transfers can only be filed at the school district.

What documents/information will I need to enroll my child?

  • Proof of Residence Within School Boundaries
  • Current electric and gas bill (not water), rental, or escrow papers.
  • Verification of Age
  • Official birth certificate (not the hospital document) or a passport.
  • Current Immunization Records
  • Official document from physician or clinic. Click here for up-to-date guidelines.
  • Physical Examination
  • Although a Report of Health exam is not required for Kindergarten Enrollment, it is required by December of a student’s first grade year. An exam prior to entering Kindergarten will meet this requirement. Form will be provided in the registration packet.
  • Oral Health Exam
  • California Education Code now requires that your child have an oral health assessment (dental check up) by May 31st of his/her Kindergarten year. Forms are available in the registration packet.
  • Additional documents/information needed to complete enrollment forms:
  • Emergency contact information
  • Parent/guardian home and work phone numbers
  • Name and address of previous school (if applicable)
  • Transcript or report card from previous school (if applicable)
  • Current IEP and Assessments (Special Education students)
  • Test scores and certification forms (GATE students)

Additional Questions

Please don’t hesitate to call our office for further information at (714) 986-7110 x 40002. We look forward to helping you.