Dear Bear Families,
What a successful first week! I am beyond thrilled to be a part of our Brookhaven community and I’m looking forward to a great year together! I want to first share with you how wonderful, welcoming, polite and inclusive your children are! We have an amazing school culture, of course you know this, and I couldn’t be more honored to become a part of it!
This week opened very smoothly as students met their teachers and we are getting into the swing of the school year. I want to thank parents for following our policy of saying goodbye to your child(ren) at the gate each morning now when the bell rings. By doing this, our students are able to walk to their lines and begin their day all while we are able to ensure campus safety. We also have older students watching out for our younger bears, along with our supervising staff, to point them in the right direction if needed. Thank you parents!!
Some highlights from the week:
- Students learned about expected positive behaviors at our PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports) stations on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Students earned Bear Hugs for demonstrating those positive behaviors
- Pete the Cat and Brownie Bear in PK and K were lost, and then found, as our PK and K students learned about our school and how to find the office, library, computer lab and playgrounds 🙂
- New students were welcomed by teachers, staff and returning students as they began their year as Brookhaven Bears
- Students and families were extremely welcoming and polite as they introduced themselves to me and shared conversation
- Teachers collaborated with one another to ensure students will have our “Best Year Yet”
- Our PTA and parent volunteers worked selflessly to support the opening of school
Back to School Night for grades 1-6 will be this coming Thursday night, September 8th, from 6:30-8:00 pm. Please join us in the MPR at 6:30 pm for a staff introduction, a welcome from the Principal, and a brief PTA meeting where the PTA budget will be submitted for approval. Please remember that this is an evening for adults only, no students. The teachers will give two identical sessions; one at 7:00 pm and one at 7:30 pm. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!