How do I enroll in Preppy K and Kindergarten?
There are two steps to enroll a PK or Kinder student. You must show proof of residency (see below) to pick up an enrollment packet at the school office. You also must complete an online portion by clicking here.
NOTE: When you have completed the online enrollment, print two copies of the confirmation. If you have picked up an enrollment packet, please return all forms with the enrollment confirmations, your child’s birth certificate and immunization records, and a proof of residence to the office, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
When is Choice Transfer?
The district has a Choice Transfer policy that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their resident school. The first application period for this will be January 9 - 31, 2019 at the district office. The final application period will be May 1 - 10, 2019. For additional information, please call Student Services office at 714-985-8670 or visit the PYLUSD website.
PLEASE NOTE: Siblings of students currently on a Choice Transfer to Brookhaven are not automatically approved. They must apply for a transfer. Once a student is granted a transfer it is good through 8th grade. Choice transfers can only be submitted at the school district.
What documents/information will I need to enroll my child?
- Proof of Residence Within School Boundaries
- Current electric or gas bill, current rental or escrow papers, or a paycheck stub.
- Verification of Age
- Official birth certificate or a passport.
- Current Immunization Records
- Official document from physician or clinic. Under California law, students cannot attend school without a completed and updated immunization record. Please visit the Shots for School website for up-to-date guidelines.
- Online Enrollment Confirmation
- Please print two copies and bring them to Brookhaven.
- Physical Examination
- Report of Health exam is a 1st Grade requirement; however, we will accept this report during the kindergarten enrollment.
Please don’t hesitate to call our office for further information at (714) 986-7110. We look forward to helping you.