Programs & Volunteer Opportunities
Parents are our best asset! Brookhaven offers many ways you can help the school and our students. Whether you can volunteer just once, now-and-then, or on a regular basis, Brookhaven PTA offers many ways you can lend a “paw” and be part of our team of volunteers! Scroll down to submit the interest form.
Committees denoted with a * offer work-from-home options.
- PTA Membership Drive * - Membership occurs the first few weeks of school. This committee is responsible for the distribution of materials, collection of membership dollars, and distribution of awards for students.
- Ice Cream Sales - Ice cream sales are held every Tuesday and Friday after school (for approximately 30 minutes). This is a great opportunity to connect with the kids and parents of our school!
- Spirit Wear - This committee needs support with ordering and selling t-shirts, sweatshirts, and accessories for the students and faculty as a fundraiser for the school.
- Jog-a-Thon * - This event is scheduled in the absence of a different school-wide fundraiser. It typically takes place in the spring and involves coordinating this annual fundraising event. Student sign-ups, company sponsors, and event t-shirts all are part of the responsibilities.
- Red Ribbon Week/Walk to School - This committee works with the school in celebrating and educating about a drug-free environment. Onsite activities support as needed.
- Movie Nights - The PTA sponsors family movie nights! This is a popular event and volunteers are needed to assist with setup, student supervision, and clean up.
- Funky Friday & Bear Hug Store - These are both fun events for the kids during lunch recess. Volunteers help build school spirit by playing music and handing out prizes and treats. Also, assist with the treats “sold” at the Bear Hug store.
- Fall Festival - Volunteers needed to help setup/take down this event. There is music, food, and game booths to run.
- Vision & Hearing Screening & Picture Day - Assist school employees during this annual screening day, as well as on picture days.
- Hospitality - Help with Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week and other similar events during the school year.
- PTA Reflections Art Contest * - Reflections is an arts program that is sponsored by the National PTA. Responsibilities involve coordinating the program as determined by the set-forth guidelines. Other support includes the distribution of information and school entries.
- Library Support - Our library needs volunteers who can help in the library by shelving books and assisting the Librarian during student visits
- Book Fairs (Two Per Year) - Book Fairs are held in the Fall and Spring. Volunteers are needed for setup, working in the Book Fair assisting shoppers, and tear down.
- Yearbook Committee * - Every year, a hard-working committee photographs and gathers pictures of Brookhaven students, staff, and family members at work and play. The result is an incredible yearbook that is distributed the last week of school. The Yearbook Committee is always looking for parents who would like to help. You can sign up to be on the committee (most of the work is done from home unless you are on campus capturing precious memories).
- Take & Submit Pictures - Open to All! - Each classroom has a Yearbook Representative who will collect pictures throughout the year and submit them to be included in the yearbook. Pictures taken at class parties, field trips, special events (like Crazy Hair Day and the Jog-a-Thon), and presentations are great photo opportunities!
- Contact the Yearbook Committee - [email protected]