Parents are our best asset! Brookhaven offers many ways you can help the school and our students. Whether you can volunteer just once, now-and-then, or on a regular basis, Brookhaven PTA offers many ways you can lend a “paw” and be part of our team of volunteers!
Committees denoted with a * offer work-from-home options.
- PTA Membership Drive * - Membership occurs the first few weeks of school. This committee is responsible for the distribution of materials, collection of membership dollars, and distribution of awards for students.
- Ice Cream Sales - Ice cream sales are held every Tuesday and Friday after school (for approximately 30 minutes). This is a great opportunity to connect with the kids and parents of our school!
- Spirit Wear - This committee needs support with ordering and selling T-shirts, sweatshirts, and accessories for the students and faculty as a fundraiser for the school. In addition, car magnets are sold as a fundraiser for the PTA.
- Jog-a-Thon * - This event typically takes place in the spring and involves coordinating this annual fundraising event. Student sign-ups, company sponsors and event T-shirts all are part of the responsibilities.
- Red Ribbon Week/Walk to School - This committee works with the school in celebrating and educating about a drug-free environment. Onsite activities support is needed.
- Family Socials * - Family socials will occur in the fall and spring. This committee has responsibilities for design, set-up and support of these events.
- Movie Nights in the MPR - The PTA will be sponsoring 3 movie nights this school year. Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up, student supervision and clean up.
- PTA Reflections Art Contest * - Reflections is an arts program that is sponsored by the National PTA. Responsibilities involve coordinating the program as determined by the set-forth guidelines. Other support includes the distribution of information and school entries.
- Library Support - Our library needs volunteers who can help in the library by shelving books and assisting the Librarian during student visits
- Book Fairs (Two Per Year) - Book Fairs are held in the Fall and Spring. Volunteers are needed for setup, working in the Book Fair assisting shoppers, and tear down
- Yearbook * - This committee is responsible for digitally documenting the year and working towards assembling groups of pictures for the yearbook. They also need support with Yearbook Sales. Requires strong commitment.
- School Marquee - This committee is responsible for updating the marquee in front of the school. This is an important part of our school communication.